After 32 hours of getting to process it and an in-person consult with our vet and looking at the blood results we have a plan. We've spent $400 at the vet on just Eva and Rizzo over two days and it's another almost $100 just to have the oncologist look at her urine and gather what they can from that. Our vet wants us to go to the oncologist but for now, we aren't doing anything. Eva is still Eva, her body is still her body and she's still got a poor prognosis. The only thing that has changed is we know there are more questions that need answered and more tests that we can do and there may be an option for us to fight it.
The plan at this point is to wait until January (the first week) repeat the U/A down here and make sure the cells are still in her urine. We will also do a water deprivation test to see where her kidneys are truly at and if the cells are still there will take the 2.5 hour trip to the oncologist and see what they say. Like I said yesterday, we will not fight it. If it is cancer, it has been progressing for 2 years and is the likely cause of her decreased kidney function. Eva is happy right now, she's doing great. I'm not going to give her drugs to make her miserable and risk killing her with those drugs to treat something that is killing her.
For now, we love Eva and treat her like a normal, healthy dog for the next 2 months. Then, we go from there. We hope to find out what it is, where it is and how bad it is so we can make an educated decision on what to do and know what to look for. Eva will tell us when she's done, whatever the cause is and we will listen to her.