Sunday, October 03, 2010

First Recall

As most of you know, I have never actually turned in one of my pups for a recall to formal training. I guess you could say that Eva was recalled back to the organization for the swap and Loden was recalled for health evaluations but I've never turned in a puppy. Saturday will be my first time and I don't know how to feel about it. I don't think it's that hard to figure out that I've had my problems bonding and dealing with Charlie but there's still at least a little love for him that I have and a part of me that will be sad to see him leave. I don't know what to expect and I have no clue how often I'll be updated about him or when I'll get updates but that's ok. I know that this is what I worked really hard to reach with Charlie and was my goal from the beginning with him. But now that it's here, what do I do? A part of the sadness is softened by the prospect of getting a puppy to raise soon from Canine Angels Service Teams. I am so excited to become a part of this amazing organization and my only wish it that I would have done so sooner. But I've learned a lot by raising Charlie and over the past year and can't wait to apply it to my subsequent pups! I guess I'm just a mixture of emotions right now. Nervous about the long drive down and back, sad to see Charlie go, happy that I reached my goal, optimistic about my future in raising, anxious about when my little guy (or gal) will be home and just all around feeling a sense of apprehension about the future for Charlie.

Meet my new kitten, Mowgli!

No comments:

Post a Comment