Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Something Special


Rizzo was Max's dog. He wanted a doxie and he loved her so much. It breaks my heart to see how much he is hurting from losing her. Remembering the way he reacted when we found her and fought to keep her alive before we realized she had a broken neck. The way I wake up to him crying in the middle of the night because he moves his foot and doesn't feel her there. The way he was telling me about all the dreams he had for her and watching her grow old while our son grows up. I love that little doxie so much, I love all her annoying habits and cute quirks. I love how, no matter what, she will never be replaced. But, I want to do something special for my husband. He's trying so hard to keep his head up and move forward, to look at the positive and remember the good in life and the good times with that little doggie. I need some ideas as for something special to do for him to remember Riz. We are going to get her a monument for her grave and plant flowers, she's buried at Max's mom's house. In a spot where the dogs who live there don't have access and a private place where we can go to mourn and remember her. I want something for him here and I don't know what would be best for him. I was thinking of getting a blanket made for him with a picture of her on it so he can still sleep with her at night and cuddle with her, in a way. Or ordering a shadow box for him, a painting or figurine. I don't know. I don't know what to do for him, but I want, have to do something! Anyone have any ideas on what to do for him, that would be special and amazing? I've never lost a dog before, certainly not like this, and I don't know what would be best.

No comments:

Post a Comment